Reviews Coming Soon (= I have watched these or a scheduled date to watch them)
Note: Films in coloured script have preference (usually that means I’m trying to review them in time for a specific festival or cinematic release).
- 星空 (Starry Starry Night, 2011) – Taiwanese film
- 오직 그대만 (Ohjik Geudaeman/Always aka Only You, 2011)
- Die Wand (The Wall, Austria, 2012)
- Consuming Spirits (USA, 2011)
- 「佐渡テンペスト」 (Sado Tempest/Arashi, Japan/UK/Hong Kong)
- 「あかい きせつ」 (Akai Kisetsu/A Road Stained Crimson, Japan, 2012)
- 「おおかみこどもの雨と雪」 (Okami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki/Wolf Children, Japan, 2012), 물고기 (Mulgogi/A Fish, South Korea, 2011), 화차 (Hwacha/Helpless, South Korea, 2012), 로맨스 조 (Romaenseu Jo/Romance Joe, South Korea, 2012) and De jueves a domingo (Thursday Till Sunday, Chile, 2012).
- 《南方小羊牧場》 (Nánfāng xiǎo yáng mùchǎng/When a Wolf Falls in Love with a Sheep, Taiwan, 2012)
- 「長州ファイブ」 (Chōshū faibu/Chosyu Five, Japan, 2006)
Planned reviews (= I am planning to watch or rewatch these to review them… at some point, no date set yet):
- All Studio Ghibli, Shinkai Makoto, Hosoda Mamoru and Kon Satoshi animated films.
- Any Korean animated films I can get my hands on.
- 金魚倶楽部 (Kingyo Kurabi/Kingyo Club – Japanese dorama)
- ソラニン (Soranin/Solanin – Japanese film)
- 우리들의 행복한 시간 (Woorideul-eui Haengbokhan Sigan/Our Happy Time – Korean film)
- 시월애 (Si-wol-ae/Il Mare – Korean film)
- Kim Ki-duk’s 비몽 (Bimong/Dream).
- Various films with Okada Masaki, including 告白 (Kokuhaku/Confessions); アイシテル~海容~ (Aishiteru~Kaiyo~/I Love You~Forgiveness~) plus Special; 重力ピエロ (Jyuryoku Pierrot/Gravity’s Clowns – A Pierrot), ハルフウェイ(Harufuwei/Halfway – Japanese film).
- 九降风 (Winds of September) – Taiwanese film.
- 가족의 탄생 (Gajokeui tansaeng/The Crucible) – Korean Film
- きみにしか聞こえない (Kimi ni Shika Kikoenai/Calling You) – Japanese film
- 歩いても 歩いても (Aruitemo aruitemo/Still Walking) – Japanese film (I plan on watching all of Koreeda’s films)
- 暗いところで待ち合わせ (Kurai Tokoro de Machiawase/Waiting in the Dark) – Japanese film
- and many more……
The Trailer Weekly posts contain films I hope to see at some point and I intend to review them all.
Suggestions are welcome as are requests if you would like a particular review sooner rather than later – but no guarantees unfortunately.