The Japan Foundation is organising yet more film screenings. The announcement came in an email newsletter today, with four films (including two animations) being on the programme for January. Unlike the Japan Foundation Touring Film Programme, all these screenings are free, although an RSVP is required.
Here is the official flyer, with all the details:
The newsletter also included details about additional events as part of the Touring Film Programme. There will be a film seminar entitled Youth in Japanese Cinema and Beyond on January 29, 2014 as well as a panel discussion on Japanese Film and Its Industry on January 13, 2014. Both events are in London.
They have also got a competition for a pair of tickets at each venue taking part in the Touring Film Programme. In order to win, you must mail the answers (plus your name and the venue nearest to you) to the following two questions to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 18, 2014:
1) What two films star the actor Mirai Moriyama?
2) Which two films are based on novels by Shuichi Yoshida? (Hint: One of the films is directed by the director of ‘The Woodsman and the Rain’)
- Japan Foundation Touring Film Programme and related blog post
- January Film Screenings
- Film Seminar Youth in Japanese Cinema and Beyond
- Panel Discussion Japanese Film and Its Industry
Note: If you made this far, I will be posting last Sunday’s Trailer Weekly tomorrow – I have been travelling!