It has been there before and it’s back again, but it’s Studio Ghibli so who is going to complain? The Retrospective last had a stopover in Nashville, TN, in June 2012 – I blogged about it – and now returns to the Belcourt with a whole bunch of Saturday screenings for children.
Since this Ghibli season at the cinema is specifically aimed at kids, it means all the screenings are dubbed, including those with more serious topics that are not for a super-young audience (Mononoke Hime, Hauru no Ugoku).
I’m not a fan of dubbing myself (as I’m sure everyone knows by now), but I guess this your chance to brainwash your children to become die-hard Studio Ghibli fans and abandon Disney & Co. forever. *evil grin*
On the programme:
- March 16:「天空の城ラピュタ」 (Tenkū no Shiro Rapyuta/Laputa Castle in the Sky, 1986)
- March 23: 「となりのトトロ」 (Tonari no Totoro/My Neighbor Totoro, 1988)
- March 30: 「千と千尋の神隠し」 (Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi/Spirited Away, 2001)
- April 6: 「魔女の宅急便」 (Majo no Takkyūbin/Kiki’s Delivery Service, 1989)
- April 13: 「ハウルの動く城」 (Hauru no Ugoku Shiro/Howl’s Moving Castle, 2004)
- April 20: 「もののけ姫」 (Mononoke-hime/Princess Mononoke, 1997)
- April 27: 「風の谷のナウシカ」(Kaze no Tani no Naushika/Nausicaä, 1984)